Trumpcare?! :O

J.K Rajjo, Staff Editor

Millions of Americans almost lost their healthcare! What is going on!?-  Donald John Trump is the 45th president of the United States. Ever since his inauguration day on January 20th 2017, many people are not happy about all of Trump’s goals for the country. One of the recent goals that sparked a lot of controversy all over the country was replacing Obamacare. Obamacare is a health insurance made available through the Affordable Care Act. So, an average of 11.4 million people are expected to be in Obamacare policies during 2017. According to www.latimes.com, Trump made a statement about Obamacare. “Obamacare is collapsing, and we must act decisively to protect all Americans,” he said during his address to a joint session of Congress. He is convinced that Obamacare is bad, did what did he suggest to fix it?

According to www.vox.com, Trump proposed 5  policies to replace Obamacare. Here they are-

1) “First, we should ensure that Americans with preexisting conditions have access to coverage, and that we have a stable transition for Americans currently enrolled in the health care exchanges.”

2) “Secondly, we should help Americans purchase their own coverage, through the use of tax credits and expanded health savings accounts — but it must be the plan they want, not the plan forced on them by the government.”

3) “Thirdly, we should give our great state governors the resources and flexibility they need with Medicaid to make sure no one is left out.”

4) “Fourthly, we should implement legal reforms that protect patients and doctors from unnecessary costs that drive up the price of insurance — and work to bring down the artificially high price of drugs, and bring them down immediately.”

5) “Finally, the time has come to give Americans the freedom to purchase health insurance across state lines — creating a truly competitive national marketplace that will bring cost way down and provide far better care.”

Luckily, for the Americans who almost lost their insurances, according to deadline.com, the Trumpcare vote got yanked rather than suffer what seemed destined to be a stunning spanking with the plan failing to secure the needed 216 House votes. So Obamacare is still up and running as of now.

Although Mr.Trump has sparked a lot of controversy, I personally think that a lot of people want no more controversy. Hopefully, our 45th president will do good things for the country during his time of presidency.